Skip to main content

The best thing ever happened to me - I need it again..!

I remember it picture perfect, it was a mid-March downpour,
Black shoe, white shirt, underpants, russet suit and a tie for sure
It was my big day as I was going to top 7th grade with my results,
I had practiced all night to teach all contenders - how you insult

Oopsy Daisy - I flunked. I I actually stumbled. I could not make it.
Damn I flunked. I screwed it all and I imprinted an L on my face with this

I would never know why did it rain, as my city never ever had a rainy March
But, I loved it coz my humungous tears were invisible which would have been bizarre

Soiled shoe, russet shirt, wet pants, reeked suit and the tie, but of course
In a startled state I started to walk without my bicycle but with the leftover force

After walking miles & pits, lanes & buses and more miles and junction
What worse could happen than walking down in the wrong direction!

When I figured out I have lost my way too,
Now I have added another L, what to do?

At a filthy corner was a beggar, since morning perhaps in the rain all wet
I went to him for company, was no more a stranger now, he asked for food what’s next

Ha ha, I realize am better off some body, rather at least some body
I searched my bag which had a lunch and that made me snobby

At the very instance it also reminded me of my hunger
No more willing to give it to that beggar, not a wonder

The most beautiful girl of 8th grade, whom they call a muse saw me sitting with the beggar
They say it right, beauty and brain – deadly combination as she gave me her phone number
You know only clever people make mistakes as a fool will never consider a mistake as one at all
All my mistakes, all misconceptions, all bogus ambitions made me realize that am on the ball

Though the number which I tried 107 times never ringed, as it was out of coverage
But it was the best thing ever happened to me as Roy and Rahul witnessed that incident

© Nakul Chaturvedi, 4th March, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Serious

1) कुर्बत में बेवाफ़ाई, फुर्कत में वफ़ा ढ़ूढंता हूं दुनिया मे कैद, खुद से रिहाई ढ़ूढंता हूं ©️ नकुल चतुर्वेदी, जुलाई 29, 2022 2) मुज़्दा की खोज में हूं कई उम्रों से, उब मुकम्मिल ना होने के डर से डर लगना बंद हो गया (- नकुल) ईऋते खत्र है दरिया में फना हो जाना, दर्द का हद से गुज़रना है दवा हो जाना (- ग़ालिब) ©️ नकुल चतुर्वेदी, जुलाई 29, 2022

कुछ और ही

मुझे ज़िन्दगी से कुछ चाहिए था, ज़िन्दगी को मुझसे कुछ और  मैंने ताक पे सब रख हर बार दिल की सुनी, दिल ने हर बार कहा कुछ और बड़ी तेज़ी से मैंने सब्र की हर रात चुनी, सेहेर को बेताबी थी कुछ और मेरे तो अल्फ़ाज़ों तक ने साथ न दिया, कमबख्तों ने माइने बने कुछ और किरदार को अपने ढ़ाला मुत'अद्दिद (several) रंगों में, गदार को ज़िन्दगी से चाहिए था कुछ और सुन सुन के लोगों की मै सुन ना सका, जब तुमने मुझसे कहा कुछ और तुमने क्यों न सुना जो मैं कह न सका, क़ुव्वत-ए-फ़िक्र न गिला तुमसे है कुछ और मोहोब्बत कम कर न सका, ग़ैर-जानिबदार  (impartial) बन ना सका पन्नो पे पन्ने भरता रहा, रम्ज़-ओ-ईमा   (riddle and hint)   तक कर ना सका तू होता तो ज़िन्दगी के माइने होते कुछ और,  हैं अभी भी पर हैं कुछ और तू होता तो ज़िंदगानी होती कुछ और ©️ नकुल चतुर्वेदी, June 18, 2021 

विरह

ल गता है कभी रो-रो के उठ जाता हूँ।  सिरहाने और आँखों को सूखा ही पाता हूँ।  मखौल पे हँसी कम आती है,  नाराज़गी अंदर ही रह जाती है।  रोना भूल गया हूँ शायद,  या रोने की हिम्मत नहीं जुटा पाता।  रोना आता तो बहुत है,  अपरंपार, हर वक्त, हर बार,  बस सिसक-सिसक के रो नहीं पाता।  अजीब लगता है कितना रोने की इच्छा रखना।  दर्द लेके जो गरीब चले जा रहे हैं,  ज़िंदगी से बिन हथियार, एक अदृश्य लड़ाई लड़े जा रहे हैं।  उनसे पूछो, कभी रो पाए तो दर्द कम होता है।  ये पता है उनको,  लेकिन अपने दर्द से ज़रूरी खुशी है उसकी,  ये लगता है उनको।  हाल जो कोई पूछे तो बढ़िया ही बताता हूँ।  जवाब में लिहाज़ की बात नहीं।  हाल कि मेरे मुझको खुद कोई खबर नहीं।  मेरे हाल की किसी को कोई फिकर नहीं,  पता है, ...... पता है ,  पर इसका मुझको कोई दर्द नहीं।  या ऐसा समझ लो कि किसी भी नए दर्द की अब कोई जगह नहीं।  ऐसा लगता था मुझको, और काश ऐसा ही होता।  ऐसा लगता था मुझको, जब तक तेरी विरह का जो दर्द असीमित-सा था,  ते...